Continuing your education is more important than ever, and so is making smart financial decisions when it comes to paying for that education, which is why we offer the Texas Extra Credit Education Loan through our partner, Higher Education Servicing Corp.
Texas Extra Credit is a private student loan developed specifically to help Texas residents pay for college when scholarships, grants, and federal aid just aren't enough to cover the full cost of attendance. (see Important Notice below)
Learn more about Texas Extra Credit's program features, valuable borrower benefits, and repayment options below.
- Complete your loan application online in as little as 15 minutes - initial credit decisions are typically made within minutes1
- Variable interest rates starting as low as LIBOR + 2.49% to LIBOR + 8.99% (with Annual Percentage Rates (APRs) from 4.63% to 9.96%)2
- Fixed interest rates starting at 4.99% to 11.49% (With Annual Percentage Rates (APRs) from 4.99% to 10.31%)3
- Borrow from $1,000 to $65,000 annually - loans can even be used for past due balances4 (loans are certified by the school and may not exceed full cost of education minus other financial aid)
- Maximum aggregate loan limit is $150,000 inclusive of all student loan debt
- Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) not required
- No application or origination fees
- 0.25% interest rate reduction just for graduating5
- 0.25% interest rate reduction for auto-debit payments6
- Cosigner release after the first 24 consecutive on-time monthly loan payments7
- Death Forgiveness8
- Total & Permanent Disability Forgiveness9
Choose from our three repayment options: Immediate, Interest-Only, or Fully Deferred Repayment
- Choice of 10 or 15-year repayment terms
- Student borrower must be enrolled at least half time in a degree-granting program (as certified by the school) at an approved school
- Student borrower and cosigner (if applicable) must be permanent residents of Texas
- The applicant applying as creditworthy (i.e. the cosigner or the student applying without a cosigner) must provide proof of current income
- Student borrower and cosigner (if applicable) must be United States citizens/nationals or lawful permanent resident aliens of the United States
Start Your Application Today
Completing the online loan application takes as little as 15 minutes. And, the application makes it easy to invite a co-signer to the process, mix and match loan options, and compare loan scenarios instantly, - so you can select a loan that's right for you.
What You'll need to Apply
- Bio/Demographic Information
- Employment History
- Financial Information
No worries. If you don't have all of the necessary information to complete your application, we'll safely and securely save it for you.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: We highly recommend students apply for and utilize all federal student aid programs through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov prior to applying for any private student loan. If you decide to apply for a private loan it is best to apply with a creditworthy cosigner as most student applicants do not meet the credit criteria. Having a cosigner may also help secure a lower interest rate.
Questions about our products and services? Give us a call at 817.884.1470.