Typically when you overdraw your account, it's due to a simple mistake. Courtesy Pay is a special service available to qualified members to provide a safety net for your account.
Should your account become overdrawn due to a transaction that you've made, Courtesy Pay will cover the difference of that transaction so that it is not declined or returned. Not only does Courtesy Pay save you from an embarrassing incident at a store or restaurant, it will also prevent you from incurring expensive fees from merchants and will protect your credit.
- Courtesy Pay covers eligible overdrafts up to $1,000*, including fees, at TCCU's discretion. *Increasing from $500 to $1,000, effective July 1, 2021.
- Courtesy Pay is subject to a fee of $35 per instance. This is the same per instance fee we charge for non-sufficient funds (NSF).
- Courtesy Pay will be extended for each individual checking account you want covered.
- You may change your Courtesy Pay option at any time, opting in or out as you wish.
Two Options for Courtesy Pay
- Option #1 - Courtesy Pay for checks and automated clearing house/electronic payments (ACH). Option #1 is automatic.
- Option #2 - Courtesy Pay for checks and automated clearing house/electronic payments (ACH) PLUS debit card & ATM transactions. You MUST opt-in for Option #2.
You may select either, or decline the service all together. Note that if you don't make a selection, you will automatically be considered to have chosen Option #1.
Other Options for Overdraft Protection
Transferring Funds From Another TCCU Account
You can set up an automatic transfer from your other accounts with TCCU. If a transaction is submitted against insufficient funds, we'll draw needed funds from your other account (including any fees) as available. If you do this and also sign up for Courtesy Pay, we'll access your other account first for needed funds before using Courtesy Pay and imposing the Courtesy Pay fee of $35 per transaction.
Accessing Funds Available From a Line of Credit
You can apply for a line of credit to be used as Overdraft Protection. We'll withdraw the funds needed to cover your transaction, from the existing line. Again, if you also have Courtesy Pay, we'll access the line of credit first before using Courtesy Pay and imposing the Courtesy Pay fee of $35 per transaction. Apply for a line of credit.
Note that each option may have eligibility requirements and may be subject to usage fees. Review TCCU's Fee Schedule here. Opt-in to Courtesy Pay Today!
Questions about our products and services? Give us a call at 817.884.1470.